Boat name
SEA ORCHID
Berth
Porthmadog
Boat type
Moody 34
Cruising area
Scotland West Coast
The controller for my very ancient Supercool unit has packed up. Spares are apparently no longer available (according to Vitesse Marine). Does anyone have an old one that they maybe removed and replaced with a proper fridge ?? Its the sort with soft touch buttons and a temp adjustment scale.

Peter Fellows

Boat name
SHALOM
Berth
Topsham
Boat type
Moody S31
Cruising area
South West
Hi,
Just removed a supercool unit from a moody s31. The unit was working but did complain about "low battery" seemingly unnecessarily. Also the 10 amp fuse does blow now and again. I have installed a GE - 80 isotherm unit but this does not work at the moment and awaiting a call form Italy to fix. If supercool any use to you, they are heavy but if interested make me an offer.

Pete

Attachments

Tim Allan

Tim Allan
Boat name
SEA ORCHID
Berth
Porthmadog
Boat type
Moody 34
Cruising area
Scotland West Coast
Thanks Pete for your reply. I am now thinking it may be time to replace with an air cooled compressor solution and talking to Penguin. I will keep your post in mind though in case I decide to stick with the Supercool for a while longer. cheers, Tim

Peter Fellows

Boat name
SHALOM
Berth
Topsham
Boat type
Moody S31
Cruising area
South West
Thanks Pete for your reply. I am now thinking it may be time to replace with an air cooled compressor solution and talking to Penguin. I will keep your post in mind though in case I decide to stick with the Supercool for a while longer. cheers, Tim
Hi
I used a ge-80 isotherm fridge unit from youboat in gosport. £385 and also a dometic mp35 power pack which detects 240v and takes over from 12v automatically.