Moody DS 41 Temperature control DS

Ruediger Speitel

Registered Guest
Hi all,
I am highly interested in a Moody 41Ds, love the light space of the deck salon and the modern style . However I wonder how hot the deck salon becomes on a hot day in the mediteranian area? Are they using double layer glass? Is ist bearable without aircon? I assume the situation is comparable on all Moody DS.
Thank you for sharing your experience in advance

KR
Ruediger

Quote Reply

Ruediger, I cannot comment on your boat but I can share my experiences. I used to have a fly bridge motor yacht so the saloon windows are similar to a deck saloon. It was very hot in direct sunlight in the UK. I had blinds made for the outside of the windows that combined with multiple fans made it better in this country. I would therefore conclude from my experience it would be exceptionally hot in the Med.

David.

Hi Ruediger.
Just picked up on your thread.
We have been the proud owners of 41DS hull No 8 since 2021.. Reference your queries its a catch 22 situation.
We are based in Plymouth U.K. and so dont usually have to bother with high summer temperatures. However our cruising grounds during the summer months are north and south Brittany where in 2022 the temperature reached 38degrees. Our boat is not fiitted with AC but with the patio door and numerious hatches opoen the boat was very comfortable.
On the opposite side during the recent cold weather in the U.K. we were able to sit inside the saloon behind the glass enjoying beautiful sunny days without having to switch on the heating.
Good luck with your search for a DS41.
Regards.
Alan and Kim Stevenson.
(INTO THE BLUE)

Back