1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a reminder that you MUST provide contact details if you post a For Sale or Wanted notice. The reason is that non members have access to read your advert, but can't post, so if you don't provide details, they can't contact you to buy or sell.
    Dismiss Notice

Volvo Penta 2003 Engine And Gearbox For Sale

Discussion in 'General For Sale / Wanted' started by Lewis Moss, 30/10/16.

1. Lewis Moss

Lewis Moss Lewis Moss

Boat name:
    CHLOE
    Boat type:
    Moody 31 MkII
    Cruising area:
    Bristol Channel / South West
    Hi everyone
    We have decided to re-engine our Moody 31 so the existing Volvo Penta 2003 and gearbox will be available for sale from the 20th November 2016.

At the start of the season the engine had a major service which included re-conditioning the starter motor and alternator, a brand new water pump and impeller was fitted, we also had the head serviced which included new hardened valve seats and two re-conditioned injectors. Total spent this year £1600.00.

The engine itself is in reasonable condition considering its age. Service history available.

If you are interested in making an offer and require further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Collection only. Contact Jeff on 07857 167577.

2. Rob Cooper

Rob Cooper Rob Cooper

Boat name:
    ALFRESCO
    Boat type:
    Moody 31
    Cruising area:
    Irish Sea
    Hi Jeff,
    We also have a 31 and are planning to re-engine this winter. As a matter of interest, what have you decided to install?
    Thanks, Rob

3. Lewis Moss

Lewis Moss Lewis Moss

Boat name:
    CHLOE
    Boat type:
    Moody 31 MkII
    Cruising area:

4. Mark Cornish

Mark Cornish Mark Cornish

Boat name:
    SHINROC
    Boat type:
    Moody Eclipse 33
    Cruising area:
    Bristol Channel
    Hi Rob and Lewis,

I'm really after a 2003T for spares. The only difference I'm aware of from the 2003 is it has no turbo.
    Lewis you say you fitted 2 new injectors. Is it not a 3 cylinder?

Regards,

Mark

5. Lewis Moss

Lewis Moss Lewis Moss

Boat name:
    CHLOE
    Boat type:
    Moody 31 MkII
    Cruising area:
    Hi Mark - yes it is a 3 cylinder. 3rd cylinder refurbed earlier in year. Engine has now been sold. Thanks for your interest.
    Regards.
    Jeff

6. Rob Cooper

Rob Cooper Rob Cooper

Boat name:
    ALFRESCO
    Boat type:
    Moody 31
    Cruising area:
    Irish Sea
    Hi Mark,

Our VP2003 is standard non turbo. It is to be taken out over the next 2 or 3 weeks. I am planning to advertise as a running engine, which it is, it's just that I want to have an engine that will require minimum maintenance and minimum risk of letting us down.

Let me know if it is of any interest.

Regards, Rob