• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Moody 36 (90s) Wanted 36/38cc

• Thread starter David Ross
  • Start date
D

David Ross

If anyone is thinking of selling either of these.
Any location and any keel type.
Thank you.

Noooo, I was just about to post the same thing but only for the 36cc, or a 35.

Last edited:
No response yet!
Did you enquire about the 35 in wales?
She looks a nice one. All new upholstery.

Unfortunately it was gone before I saw the advert :-( It looked nice.

Sorry to hear that Harry.
let’s see what the future will bring.
Due to winter it’s probably not the best time to have a boat.

Funnily enough my wife just said exactly the same thing. I agreed with her and she set the frying pan down :)

Thank you.
Hello David I have a 38 cc shallow keel 95 model but complete Re fit engine running rigging all re wired all Re plumed new every thing if you won’t to have a look.
Ray

Funnily enough my wife just said exactly the same thing. I agreed with her and she set the frying pan down :)
Hi Harry
I have a Moody 38 cc for sale
Ray

Hello David I have a 38 cc shallow keel 95 model but complete Re fit engine running rigging all re wired all Re plumed new every thing if you won’t to have a look.
Ray
Yes please Ray.
If I could give you a call I would very much appreciate that.
My contact number is 07845 195275
Kind regards
David.

Hi Harry
I have a Moody 38 cc for sale
Ray
Hello Ray,

Thank you for contacting me. Although I'm looking to go bigger unfortunately 38ft is just too big for my wife and I. A good 35 or 36cc or even a top quality well specced 336 is really what we'd prefer. Your boat sounds great though, what with the updates and maintenance that you've listed. If younger (me that is) I could have been very interested. In fact I'd love to see your spec but I'm not a purchaser so wouldn't waste your time. Good luck and I'm sure you'll have no problem selling her. Kind regards, Harry

There is a nice 38 2002 in Chichester up for grabs. Looks lovely but too pricey for me. Has anyone looked at her?

There is a nice 38 2002 in Chichester up for grabs. Looks lovely but too pricey for me. Has anyone looked at her?
Do you mean the blue Caledonia listed on Yachtmarket? I saw her at the weekend when I was out for a run round Chichester marina. I've not been on board but she does look nice from the outside, but not really what I'm looking for - and out of my budget anyway.

I did Stephen.
Not sure I’m to keen on a blue hull. They do look lovely polished, but what a pain to look after. And as you say you need a high budget for that one.

Hi David,
We are thinking of selling our 38cc in the spring. It is on the hard in a great family run yard 50 min's from Athens, it only costs 105€ a month all in.
If you are interested I can send you more info. It has a great charging system & new battery banks etc.
kenhenesy@gmail.com

Kind Regards, Ken.

Thank you Ken.
Athens is no good for me I’m afraid. I did look at the logistics of bringing another back to the Uk from Greece and it was not worth it in the end.
If you can sail her back I’d definitely be interested.
Thank you

Thank you.
we are selling a 38 centre cockpit, blue water ready, loads of new kit. currently based in Rio Dulce, Guatemala.

Thanks Tim.
Gosh that’s a long way off for me. Only ever sailed along the south coast and Cornwall.
Are you planning on bringing her back? If so I’d definitely be interested.

It’s not likely we’ll bring her back but I’ll bear it in mind
Thanks
Tim

i have a Moody 36CC bilge keeler built in 1997. I bought her in 2012 in Gosport when she had been very lightly used by her two previous owners. Since then I have sailed her around the mediterranean returning via the Canal du Midi and arriving home this summer to Conyer Quay near Sittingbourne.
She was in Marseilles on the appropriate night and so has EU VAT though due to the vagaries of Returned Goods Relief I can also claim UK VAT.
Almost everything except the internal fittings, mast, bow thruster, rudder and Volvo engine has been replaced at some point and she is reliable and leakproof though with the bilge keels she is not brillant upwind.
I am now contemplating selling her as my wife does not want to sail in colder waters.
If this is of interest to you drop me an email at stephen.pollock7@icloud.com
Yours sincerely Dr Steve Pollock

Thank you for the info.
I am now in possession of a fabulous 36 but good luck. I doubt you’d have any trouble finding a new owner for her.

Hi Harry I have 36cc I am thinking of put up for sale breaking my heart but it’s time to make up my mind
My back and hip are away with it and have been trying but I can’t move about and in pain
So it time to make up my mine
To let my dream boat go to a good home
She is a 96 fin Kell

Hi All,
We are planning on selling our Moddy 346 1990 fin keel, if the price is agreeable.
She is moored in Dartmouth on the river dart; wonderful sailing and the marina is such an idyllic place.
Our plan ( well mine ) is to move up to a 38CC
Email me if interested.
Regards
Steve.
email is Island.bound@hotmail.com

Hi Steve,

The designation 38cc was never used by Moody and could refer to either the Moody 38 (circa 1990's) or the Moody 38 (circa 2000's) both of which are centre cockpit models, but quite different from each other. Which of these are you planning to buy?

If your post is intended as an advertisement to sell Island Bound, I suspect you would attract more interest by starting a new thread offering her for sale and giving some indication of asking price.

Peter.
Edit. Just found your ad for Island bound, I didn't see it before posting the above. P.

Last edited:
Hi Peter, I was initially replying to somebody else who advertised wanting a “38CC”. Ideally a 2000 38 but they are limited in only 30 being built other wise an older 1990 I thought the hulk and deck was the same but a different layout as people 1 head not 2? Regards

Hi Peter, I was initially replying to somebody else who advertised wanting a “38CC”. Ideally a 2000 38 but they are limited in only 30 being built other wise an older 1990 I thought the hulk and deck was the same but a different layout as people 1 head not 2? Regards
Hi Steve,

No, a completely different set of lines - the 2000's version has a longer waterline and smaller overhangs - and on deck the 90's model has alloy toe rails bolted down with the bolts which secure the deck to the hull and the 2000's model has a grp rail moulded into the deck. They also carry different rigs as you will see if you look at the rig dimensions in the Moodt Archive.

Basically the 2000's Moody 38 was a completely new design.

Back