• We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Wanted cover for cooker

Boat name
THISTLE DUBH
Berth
Kip
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
Scotland and Ireland
Hi I have just purchased an M36CC circa 1990's
I am looking for a cover for the cooker which also makes up part of the work surface, mine is missing.
Anyone have one spare or does the MOA have the original plans so I can have one manufactured?
Many thanks, Mike.

Dick Holness

Dick Holness
Boat name
CANTATA
Berth
East Coast
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
East Coast France Belgium Holland
Hello Mike and welcome.
Are you sure the cooker should have a cover? I asked around when I bought my 36 and was given to understand that there never was one.
You can find original drawings owned by the MOA in the Technical Library, look for the Moody 36(90s) section and then 'Princess records'. But I don't recall seeing any cooker area detail there.

Tony Capener

Tony Capener
Boat name
SANDERLING
Berth
La Roche-Bernard
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
France
Sanderling came with its original cooker cover but we very rarely use it. Mike, I can probably take some photos for you when next over in France towards the end of the month. In the meantime, just check that it is not slid in its storage spot on the floor behind the hinged flap below the cooker!

Dick Holness

Dick Holness
Boat name
CANTATA
Berth
East Coast
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
East Coast France Belgium Holland
Could you do the same for me too, please, Tony, I'd be interested to see that. Thanks.

Tony Capener

Tony Capener
Boat name
SANDERLING
Berth
La Roche-Bernard
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
France
Over to France the weekend after next so will happily post some pics for you both.

Tony Capener

Tony Capener
Boat name
SANDERLING
Berth
La Roche-Bernard
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
France
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Guy, good afternoon

If you have the small aluminium suport rail running either side of the cooker slot as you can see you on the first photo, I would suggest that you originally had a cover that is now sitting in the first/last owners garage.

The second photo shows the cover in situ, you will note that it is in two halves, joined by a piano hinge.

image.jpeg

The underside is protected with a piece of the same alloy sheeting that the sides of the cooker space is clad in. You can also see from this shot that either end there is a short length of ally that fits beyond the support rails to stop it sliding out when closed, but in our case the unit is a very snug fit so that would not be an issue.

image.jpeg

Measurements as per these pics. When not in use unit is supposed to sit folded up on a pair of ally rails behing the flappy door under the cooker but I did not realise that until after I had put a gas alarm sensor in there so now when not in use, it sits on the shelf in the passage cabin.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hope that helps, Tony

Patrick Fleming

Patrick Fleming
Boat name
EUREKA
Berth
East Ferry, Cork Harbour
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
Irish Coast & South West UK
Didn't realise it lived under the cooker.
I normally keep mine hanging down behind the cooker with the front wooden piece (having a senior moment, can't remember what it's called) sitting proud and facing to the rear of the worktop keeping the metal side facing the cooker.
You'll notice from Tony's photos that there is a gap at the rear of aluminium rails which is where mine slides down without being folded.
The previous owner had it in that position so I have continued.
As Tony says, it's a snug fit and there is no movement when at sea.
I normally only use it to cover the cooker when the boat is stored ashore but it would be handy if the first mate decides to bake afloat.

Regards,

Pat

Patrick Fleming

Patrick Fleming
Boat name
EUREKA
Berth
East Ferry, Cork Harbour
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
Irish Coast & South West UK
Mike, mine is exactly the same as Tony's but I've stowed mine behind the cooker since I bought the boat.
The previous owner had it in this position when I viewed the boat and I've left it that way.
I presumed that the alloy on the underside was to protect it in the position I leave it in and as Tony says, it's a tight fit.

Attachments