• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Moody 336 Wanted: Moody 336 / 336 Mk2 / 336S

Ian Cleaver

Temporary Member
Hi

I’m actively looking for a Moody 336 - please reach out if you have (or know of one) coming up for sale.

We know the model fairly well. I came close to buying one earlier this year, got really excited and then we discovered some serious structural issues (windows leaked >> all internal woodwork needed stripping out and replacing). And then another M336 came up for sale, but the owner turned out to be a bit of an odd chap, refused to let me get a survey or even take a look at the mainsail! (A very odd experience).

Anyway, we’re serious buyers, ready to move quickly, and recognise that a 30ish year old boat will likely need some work doing on it (bit of general tidying up, updating of systems etc.), but looking for something that is fundamentally sound (hull, engine, rigging) and ready to sail.

If you think you can help, please give me a shout. Thanks everyone, pleased to be joining at a temporary member and hope to convert that to full member (with a boat!) soon

Ian

Last edited:
Hi I'm also looking for a Moody 336, 346 or 36. What was the name of the 336 that had structural issues so that I can avoid it please?

Steve

I’ll DM you…
Hi

I’m actively looking for a Moody 336 - please reach out if you have (or know of one) coming up for sale.

We know the model fairly well. I came close to buying one earlier this year, got really excited and then we discovered some serious structural issues (windows leaked >> all internal woodwork needed stripping out and replacing). And then another M336 came up for sale, but the owner turned out to be a bit of an odd chap, refused to let me get a survey or even take a look at the mainsail! (A very odd experience).

Anyway, we’re serious buyers, ready to move quickly, and recognise that a 30ish year old boat will likely need some work doing on it (bit of general tidying up, updating of systems etc.), but looking for something that is fundamentally sound (hull, engine, rigging) and ready to sail.

If you think you can help, please give me a shout. Thanks everyone, pleased to be joining at a temporary member and hope to convert that to full member (with a boat!) soon

Ian
Our M336 Mk2 is coming on the market, please see my post. Neil 07803 885875

Hi I'm also looking for a Moody 336, 346 or 36. What was the name of the 336 that had structural issues so that I can avoid it please?

Steve
Our M336 Mk2 is coming on the market, please see my post. Neil 07803 885875

Back