• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Wanted Wanted - Moody 336/S31/31Mk2 fin keel in Scotland

Peter Brown

Temporary Member
I've been following the Forum for a long time and I'm now ready to get a family yacht (for 2 adults and 3 little ones), ideally on the West Coast of Scotland. In order of preference, I'm looking for a 336, S31 or 31Mk2, but I'm open to suggestions.

If anyone knows of boats that are due to come up for sale, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter, if you don't mind a little woodwork, I think you could make the stern cabin of a 333 into a suitable "cave" for the little ones and away from the adults when its bed time. Its a low duck to get through from the saloon but it would make it their space. Better still once they have flown the nest you revert it back to a master cabin. No connection to this one, but if we didn't have a M31 I would be tempted particularly when you look at the displacement to length ratio and see that despite the rather tubby looks she is actually quite light compared to say a Sigma 33 and much lighter than the Contessa 32. Peter Mackensie from Strathclyde Uni raced one for many years putting many a modern design to shame.

Last edited:
I've been following the Forum for a long time and I'm now ready to get a family yacht (for 2 adults and 3 little ones), ideally on the West Coast of Scotland. In order of preference, I'm looking for a 336, S31 or 31Mk2, but I'm open to suggestions.

If anyone knows of boats that are due to come up for sale, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Peter
Hi Peter - I'm currently looking for a new home for my dad's Moody 31 Mk1 Bilge keel. I'm just getting the photos together to put on a little website for people to see. I'll be looking for around £21,000 for it (it's been surveyed and valued properly), and it's currently at Glasson Dock on Morecambe Bay - been nice and dry for a little while now. Would that be of interest? Be delighted to have a chat!

Thanks,

Peter
Hi Peter. I may be interested in selling you my moody 29 fin keel. Currently in the marina in Plymouth She is currently not advertised. Anywhere. As an in no hurry. (. I have found a. Ketch which is up for sale. I would sell the moody for 15000. If you would like More details let me know. Carrington marshall

I thought they all had those! It was on when I bought the boat, I just added the autohelm pod on the side. I don't think it would be hard to make, just find someone who can bend stainless tubing of the right size. I can't do any measurements I'm afraid, the boat is 200 miles away from me at the moment. Just a note, the tubing is split inside the morse control box, so it's actually in two parts, at least, it is on Jessie.

Many thanks. I don’t know of any 336s that had the bent guard rail but several have changed it.Thank-you for kindly replying. Happy sailing!

Thanks,

Peter
Hi Peter, My name is David McMillan. I saw your request for a Moody. I am selling my Moody 31Mk2, fin keel, wheel steering named KATE. She is in lovely clean condition with all the sails cleaned and re-enforced, and Hood cover, recent head lining in Saloon, recent New Roller reefing fitted, all new standing rigging, saloon cabin windows replaced, and hatch cover,Perspex glass also replaced. She is currently moored in Dunstaffnage Marina, in Oban. Photos can be arranged to be sent. The price I’m asking for Kate is £33,000, my Mooring Buoy is also for sale for £5,500 (going rate at the moment ) and a cradle for her also that I’m selling for £1,200, a total of £39,700. However I was initially selling the job lot for as a package for £39,000. She is ready to enjoy for the season. If any of this interests you please contact me on :- 07801-271-431, or email moodydave@hotmail.co.uk
Kind Regards,
Davie.

Back