Please select your boat type Wanted Moody for family's first sailing boat

Robert Whittock

Robert Whittock
Temporary Member
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a Moody yacht for a young family with 2 children (aged 4 and 7).

I am thinking along the lines of at least 33ft, must be in very good condition and good to go or easily put into very good condition so it can be sailing this season.

I am intending on morring it at Medway Yacht Club so 40ft is maximum.

I am ready to purchase so just need to find the right boat and don't want to pay the additional costs of a broker.

If you have the ideal boat for me then I would love to hear from you.

My email address is robwhittock@gmail.com.

Stuart White

Stuart White
Boat name
LAVERBREAD
Berth
Levington
Boat type
Moody 33S
Cruising area
East Coast
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a Moody yacht for a young family with 2 children (aged 4 and 7).

I am thinking along the lines of at least 33ft, must be in very good condition and good to go or easily put into very good condition so it can be sailing this season.

I am intending on morring it at Medway Yacht Club so 40ft is maximum.

I am ready to purchase so just need to find the right boat and don't want to pay the additional costs of a broker.

If you have the ideal boat for me then I would love to hear from you.

My email address is robwhittock@gmail.com.
Hi Laverbread is for sale
We are looking to upsize

Stuart White

Stuart White
Boat name
LAVERBREAD
Berth
Levington
Boat type
Moody 33S
Cruising area
East Coast
Sorry no

Stuart White

Stuart White
Boat name
LAVERBREAD
Berth
Levington
Boat type
Moody 33S
Cruising area
East Coast
I have not received your email

Stuart White

Stuart White
Boat name
LAVERBREAD
Berth
Levington
Boat type
Moody 33S
Cruising area
East Coast
I have replied to your mail

David Trevail

David Trevail
Boat name
DAVID TREVAIL
Berth
Oud-Loosdrecht
Boat type
Moody 346
Cruising area
Channel Coast
Good morning Robert
I am selling my Moody 346 because of unfortunate personal circumstances if you are interested. She has been treated with lots of tic over the past 4 years by myself with a huge amount of upgrades including new Mainsail ( 6 Nautical miles ago) serviced furling Genoa,New running and standing rigging, new custom made cockpit cushions, new Lewmar hatches, new galley work surfaces (new taps),new fridge, etc etc etc
She is a 'so called freshwater boat' because she has always been kept on the lakes in Holland which means no corrosion from Salt !!!
please don't hesitate to get in touch if your interested
Kind regards
Dave Trevail.

Attachments

Robert Whittock

Robert Whittock
Temporary Member
Hello David,

Your boat looks to be in extremely good condition.

On Saturday I saw a Westerly boat that I wasn't expecting to buy because it was a little older and a little smaller and not a Moody. However, it was in very good condition so I decided to buy it subject to a survey. If the survey doesn't raise any big issues then it will be my first boat.

If things don't go well with the survey obviously I will have to rethink.

What year is your boat and how much are you looking for?

Kind regards,

Rob.

David Trevail

David Trevail
Boat name
DAVID TREVAIL
Berth
Oud-Loosdrecht
Boat type
Moody 346
Cruising area
Channel Coast
Good morning Rob
My Moody is a 346 and was built in 1989. I have sailed from the age of 13 but never actually owned a boat until I bought this one 4 years ago!
I had scoured the internet for ages but only physically looked at one boat and bought her unexpectedly, a similar situation to yourself by the sounds of it!
With my situation as it is I would like to get the whole ‘selling' process over and done with without holding out for the absolute highest price possible. Having again looked on the internet at hundreds of photos and pretty much all of the 346”s on the market I have decided to sell her at £ 33000
This represents a huge loss compared to what I have spent since purchasing her but will ensure a quick turnaround I hope. Someone told me once that boating is expensive, they were right !!!!
Anyway…….best of luck with your new venture,Westerly boats are also a good solid boat and I'm sure you will have a great time once you get out on the water with her!

Kind Regards
Dave Trevail.

David Trevail

David Trevail
Boat name
DAVID TREVAIL
Berth
Oud-Loosdrecht
Boat type
Moody 346
Cruising area
Channel Coast
Good morning Rob
My Moody is a 346 and was built in 1989. I have sailed from the age of 13 but never actually owned a boat until I bought this one 4 years ago!
I had scoured the internet for ages but only physically looked at one boat and bought her unexpectedly, a similar situation to yourself by the sounds of it!
With my situation as it is I would like to get the whole ‘selling' process over and done with without holding out for the absolute highest price possible. Having again looked on the internet at hundreds of photos and pretty much all of the 346”s on the market I have decided to sell her at £ 33000
This represents a huge loss compared to what I have spent since purchasing her but will ensure a quick turnaround i hope. Someone told me once that boating is expensive, they were right !!!!
Anyway…….best of luck with your new venture,Westerly boats are also a good solid boat and I'm sure you will have a great time once you get out on the water with her!

Kind Regards
Dave Trevail.