Boat name
JOBISKA
Berth
Lowestoft
Boat type
Moody 38
Cruising area
North Sea
Bought it for asking price including courier which seemed fair. Thanks again foir the spot!

Paul Kember

Paul Kember
Boat name
MIRAGE
Berth
Poole
Boat type
Moody 38 CC
Cruising area
Solent and South Coast
Chris,

Great news. We feed ours into the same regulator as the wind generator and have a switch arrangement in the stern locker to switch between either generator source and providing a short circuit across the unused input.

As mentioned we get around 1A/Knot at lower speeds but as we approach 6 knots the power is nearer 7A. This is very useful and provides most of our power when cruising for the fridge/instruments/radios etc.

Regards,

Paul

Phil Tadd

Phil Tadd
Boat name
SERENITY OF SWANWICK
Berth
Pacific
Boat type
Moody 376
Cruising area
Cruising
Chris,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquair-Marine-12v-Towed-Water-Generator-by-Ampair/123468765748?hash=item1cbf4fda34:g:pLoAAOSwL4tb1Zpq:rk:4:pf:1&frcectupt=true

It say 'make an offer' so you could be cheeky!

and as a towed generator user I can vouch for their worth. We have an Aquagen but I have made slightly larger blades and get between 6-7A when cruising around 6 knots,

Paul
Out of interest how did you make your blades? We have an old aquagen which is brilliant but the plastic blades have broken over time and distance sailed. I made some new ones out of fibreglass but have yet to seriously test them on passage.

Paul Kember

Paul Kember
Boat name
MIRAGE
Berth
Poole
Boat type
Moody 38 CC
Cruising area
Solent and South Coast
Out of interest how did you make your blades? We have an old aquagen which is brilliant but the plastic blades have broken over time and distance sailed. I made some new ones out of fibreglass but have yet to seriously test them on passage.
Phil,

I have sent a PM with greater detail rather than boring people here!

Paul