Boat name
CANTATA
Berth
East Coast
Boat type
Moody 36(90s)
Cruising area
East Coast France Belgium Holland
A found a chap at Brightlingsea who makes whisker poles at a reasonable price. His name is Craig Bond, he's on bryer2004@hotmail.com
He does trade on eBay but I can't recall what the trading name is on there.

Peter Fellows

Boat name
SHALOM
Berth
Topsham
Boat type
Moody S31
Cruising area
South West
We are looking for whisker pole for the Genoa on our 346 Cara based South Coast [Christchurch] the last one snapped in a gust ! approx 11ft in length with piston ends . contact John Sparks latitudenorth50@gmail.com . Thanks .
We are looking for whisker pole for the Genoa on our 346 Cara based South Coast [Christchurch] the last one snapped in a gust ! approx 11ft in length with piston ends . contact John Sparks latitudenorth50@gmail.com . Thanks .
we are about to advertise a selden whisker pole from a S31. will need to check measurements

Roger Perry

Roger Perry
Boat name
ALCHEMY
Berth
Haslar, Gosport
Boat type
Moody 42 (2000s)
Cruising area
Solent and English Channel
I have a telescopic whisker pole for sale. Seldom 060-060-58. min length for stowage 2530mm, max 4500mm
Just 1 year old, a few scratches, otherwise as new as used less than half a docent times.
PM me if of any interest,

Roger

Peter Wright

Peter Wright
Boat name
WILD THYME
Berth
Suffolk Yacht Harbour
Boat type
Moody 425
Cruising area
North Sea, English Channel, Biscay
Hi John,

Since you're replacing your whisker pole, you might want to think about it's length, 11' seems a little short to me for a M346. The Archive gives J for your boat as 13' 8" (4170mm), so that's the right length for a spinnaker pole and many happily use a spi pole as a whisker pole. But p.144 of the Selden catalogue says "A whisker pole should be approximately as long as the foot of the sail you intend to pole out". If you have a genoa, as opposed to a jib, its foot will be greater than J and may be as much as 1.5J (20' 6" in your case!). While that seems excessive to me,

I would be inclined to go for J as your pole length, it will then be usable with a part rolled genoa as well as the whole sail.

Peter.

John Sparks

Hi John,

Since you're replacing your whisker pole, you might want to think about it's length, 11' seems a little short to me for a M346. The Archive gives J for your boat as 13' 8" (4170mm), so that's the right length for a spinnaker pole and many happily use a spi pole as a whisker pole. But p.144 of the Selden catalogue says "A whisker pole should be approximately as long as the foot of the sail you intend to pole out". If you have a genoa, as opposed to a jib, its foot will be greater than J and may be as much as 1.5J (20' 6" in your case!). While that seems excessive to me,

I would be inclined to go for J as your pole length, it will then be usable with a part rolled genoa as well as the whole sail.

Peter.
Thanks Peter ,

That’s very helpful I was a bit unsure as my old pole that snapped on a windy day and came with the boat .

John

John Sparks

I have a telescopic whisker pole for sale. Seldom 060-060-58. min length for stowage 2530mm, max 4500mm
Just 1 year old, a few scratches, otherwise as new as used less than half a docent times.
PM me if of any interest,

Roger
Thanks Roger ,

Think I’m sorted now but appreciate the post , if your ever thinking of selling your 42cc let me know ! great boats .

John