1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a reminder that you MUST provide contact details if you post a For Sale or Wanted notice. The reason is that non members have access to read your advert, but can't post, so if you don't provide details, they can't contact you to buy or sell.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted Whisker Pole

Discussion in 'General For Sale / Wanted' started by Gary Williams 2, 9/12/17.

1. Gary Williams 2

Gary Williams 2 Gary Williams

Boat name:
    CEOL NA MARA
    Berth:
    Dartmouth
    Boat type:
    Moody S31
    Cruising area:
    South West
    im after a whisker pile for my S31 if anybody has one or knows the best place I could buy one please.

2. Peter Wright

Peter Wright Peter Wright

Boat name:
    WILD THYME
    Berth:
    Suffolk Yacht Harbour
    Boat type:
    Moody 425
    Cruising area:
    North Sea, English Channel, Biscay
    Hi Gary,

If you're after buying new, try your friendly local rigger, for second hand advertise here, ybw.com and any other yachting board you fancy.

If you look in the Selden catalogue, they give a way of calculating appropriate length and diameter for a whisker pole for any yacht. Length is likely to be J or a bit more, diameter will be dependent on the yacht's righting moment (which they tell you how to work out) and pole length. For the same pole length, the diameter for a whisker pole comes out less than for a spi pole.

Giving the size you want in an ad, rather than "for an S31" will save you from getting useless responses to your ad.

Peter

3. Gary Williams 2

Gary Williams 2 Gary Williams

Boat name:
    CEOL NA MARA
    Berth:
    Dartmouth
    Boat type:
    Moody S31
    Cruising area:
    South West
    Many thanks Peter, I’ll take a look