• We've just upgraded this forum to a major new version. It looks slightly different and has different menu options.

Please let me know if there are any issues you encounter with this upgrade, I'm still getting my head round it! Tolerance and a bit of time would be most appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Wanted Whisker Pole

Gary Williams 2

Gary Williams
Boat name
CEOL NA MARA
Berth
Dartmouth
Boat type
Moody S31
Cruising area
South West
im after a whisker pile for my S31 if anybody has one or knows the best place I could buy one please.

Peter Wright

Peter Wright
Boat name
WILD THYME
Berth
Suffolk Yacht Harbour
Boat type
Moody 425
Cruising area
North Sea, English Channel, Biscay
Hi Gary,

If you're after buying new, try your friendly local rigger, for second hand advertise here, ybw.com and any other yachting board you fancy.

If you look in the Selden catalogue, they give a way of calculating appropriate length and diameter for a whisker pole for any yacht. Length is likely to be J or a bit more, diameter will be dependent on the yacht's righting moment (which they tell you how to work out) and pole length. For the same pole length, the diameter for a whisker pole comes out less than for a spi pole.

Giving the size you want in an ad, rather than "for an S31" will save you from getting useless responses to your ad.

Peter

Gary Williams 2

Gary Williams
Boat name
CEOL NA MARA
Berth
Dartmouth
Boat type
Moody S31
Cruising area
South West
Many thanks Peter, I’ll take a look