• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Moody 422/425 Wanted: Moody 422/425 UK

Chris Parr

Chris Parr
Boat name
FIRST ADVENTURE
Berth
Whitehaven
Boat type
Moody 333
Cruising area
Irish Sea
Hi,

These things only seem to come up for sale in the UK once every blue moon, but worth a post just in case there is one.

If you have a 422/425 for sale in the UK I am probably interested. Don't want to consider anything abroad due to the post Brexit issues and cost of getting a boat back here.

Thanks in advance

Chris

We have a 422 which we are looking at selling this year. At present we are in Cherbourg but will be back in Southampton late March. If you are interested please email me for more details ken4546@outlook.com

These things only seem to come up for sale in the UK once every blue moon, but worth a post just in case there is one.

If you have a 422/425 for sale in the UK I am probably interested. Don't want to consider anything abroad due to the post Brexit issues and cost of getting a boat back here.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Hi Ken,
I am interested and I'm in no rush at all so that timeframe isn't a problem. I'll drop you an email.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris, How did you get on with your search for the elusive 422/425? Now that the VAT issues may be relaxed (422 UK registered been out of the country for 20 years with her) we will be bringing her back to North Wales to sell (need to give the new Yanmar 56hp a proper test)

Attachments

• 3..JPG
    3..JPG
    937 KB · Views: 172
  • 1..JPG
    1..JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 177
  • 7..JPG
    7..JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 176
Hi John & Elsa,

In what way may VAT issues be relaxed please?

Peter.

Hi Chris, How did you get on with your search for the elusive 422/425? Now that the VAT issues may be relaxed (422 UK registered been out of the country for 20 years with her) we will be bringing her back to North Wales to sell (need to give the new Yanmar 56hp a proper test)
Hi John & Elsa,

Thanks for reaching out. Our plans are on hold at the moment (apologies for not updating this thread).

Regards

Chris

Hi John & Elsa,

In what way may VAT issues be relaxed please?

Peter.
HMRC are allowing RGR for returning owners. Note that the same owner must export and import. Same as before Brexit essentially. If the boat changes hands outside of the UK then UK VAT status is lost. Ditto if outside of the EU then EU status is lost.

HMRC are allowing RGR for returning owners. Note that the same owner must export and import. Same as before Brexit essentially. If the boat changes hands outside of the UK then UK VAT status is lost. Ditto if outside of the EU then EU status is lost.
Exactly. If and when we sell and it happens to be to a Brit (UK resident), we intend bringing the boat back to the UK BEFORE the final Bill of Sale is signed (transferring ownership), keeping us all well within the law. All this will go in the signed and witnessed "Sale and Purchase Agreement" (Contract) so neither party can wriggle out of it once we've back on BREXIT soil ahhh!

Back