MOMENT
Berth
Parkstone YC, Poole
Boat type
Moody 36 (90s)
Cruising area
South West (UK)
Hello,
Am looking at a M36CC to which I would want to fit a holding tank.
I can see the boat specific tank available from Tek-Tanks but would like some advice on how much I should expect to pay to have this professionally installed.
If anyone has done it around the South Coast would you mind giving me a rough guideline.
Thankyou,
Simon

I am looking forward to the same challenge, although I will likely try to do as much as possible myself.

I will likely go for the aft cabin cabinet option, which will simplify hose routing a lot, in particular with pump-out (not gravity emptying).

You've probably seen Tek-Tanks prices, which are a good baseline for custom tanks. "Off-the-shelf" are cheaper, but they would have standard shapes (cube), wasting space.

Aah, so what’s the aft cabin option? I only saw the under floor one. I have much to learn.
are there any designs available?

Just put down my deposit on buying the boat so this is going to become real.

On the Tek-Tank page, you see photos of at least three shapes: Salon underfloor in two variants (depending on which location), wet locker (cabinet next to nav seat), a further variant is to place the tank inside the cabinet in the aft cabin, which has a "false floor" (backside actually) and happens to be quite close to the seat itself.

Looking at the one in Chichester? Hasn't been advertized for long, I guess? Boats are moving quickly these days.

Hi everyone,

I have been studying this subject by several years. Watching a YouTube channel calling Gone with the Wymms, I heart about the composite toilets. The holding thanks for me, seams to be problems, weight, smell.

I bought mine at https://airheadtoilet.com/ and they have some specific models for boats.

I will install now, but the have a good looking.

All the best,

Miguel

From reading the tech manual the under floor option from tek-tanks matches the original factory fit option and I may find the plumbing is there for it already. But it’s a boat so there’s almost no chance it’s going to be straightforward!

The original plumbing, in particular the hoses, might have become stiff and odor-permeable, so in any case, I recommend to start with new material.

Also, I am not quite sure whether the original installation had a deck pump-out (it can be fitted, of course, but quite a bit of work).

Back