Moody 336 How many were built?

• Thread starter Mark Jones
  • Start date
M

Mark Jones

Having recently sold my Sadler 29, I think that a 336 would give me the ideal accommodation and better performance that the S29, problem is that they appear to be as rare as hens teeth, it was hard enough finding a decent Sadler.

I did view a 346 but although the aft cabin was spacious the problem was getting to it. If any kind fork have a 336 that i could look around that would be very helpful, I'm based in Somerset.

Mark, the records show that 200 were built between 1988 and 1996. You can find this info from the Home page, then look at the drop-down menu under 'home and about' and choose 'Moody Boat Archive'. (Not sure you can view this as a 'guest' member, apologies if you can't).
There is a wrinkle with the M336 numbers - if you're looking for a bilge-keeler you might struggle, because received wisdom says that there were only perhaps 15 of them built. I spent several years looking for a good one, must have seen 10 of them, but gave up.
Overall the 336 is a cracking boat and it seems that they don't often come up for sale.
Incidentally we too had a Sadler 29, many years ago, and really enjoyed it.
Good luck anyway! I expect a few will come up this winter.

Dick, as a 336 owner with bilge keels the question on numbers built comes up regularly, I have looked through the records recently and 37 bilge keel 336 were built.

I have a couple of historic magazine articles on the 336 if Mark wants to PM me with his email happy to email them over. Not sure if permitted to be put on the MOA website due to copywrite but if they can happy to email over to you Neil.

I have a couple of historic magazine articles on the 336 if Mark wants to PM me with his email happy to email them over. Not sure if permitted to be put on the MOA website due to copywrite but if they can happy to email over to you Neil.

As a guest i am unable to pm you.

Dick, as a 336 owner with bilge keels the question on numbers built comes up regularly, I have looked through the records recently and 37 bilge keel 336 were built......................................
Barry, thanks for that, it always seems to have been a mystery. Can I ask how you found out?
Perhaps I should have hung on a bit longer!

Dick, in the Tech Library, Princess_M336 Records from page 21 of the PDF lists every 336 built with yard number/engine/keel/build dates. According to that 169 were built.

Dick, in the Tech Library, Princess_M336 Records from page 21 of the PDF lists every 336 built with yard number/engine/keel/build dates. According to that 169 were built.
So the total number doesn't anywhere near tally with the Boat Archive number (again taken from Moody records!) but at least it's very useful to learn that bilge-keelers are more plentiful than we thought. Thanks!

Back