• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Moody 28 Moody 28 bilge keel for sale, lying Chatham

Matthew Stibbs

Matt Stibbs
GC Support Team
Boat name
CALSARA
Berth
Plymouth QAB
Boat type
Moody 336 Mk2
Cruising area
South West / East Coast
Moody 28 Twin Keel - Sea Holly of Ridge
Hull No. 29, 1986

Price: £28,000 ono
Full Listing:
https://www.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/moody-28-for-sale/744404

Contact Details: moa@stibbsy.co.uk or +447793 885600

Sea Holly is a wonderful boat, much loved by her current owners.

The much sought-after twin keel version (1.1m draft) - she is as comfortable drying out in the shallow creeks of the East coast as she is reaching across the North Sea or the channel.

Her brand new sails and refreshed decals make her look as smart as any Moody 28 out there.

Sea Holly has been maintained with safety and reliability as a priority. She has had considerable investment on upgrades designed to make sailing her a totally relaxing and enjoyable experience.

She is a boat you can confidently sail away immediately, with her looking and performing at her best.

As we now look for something that can take us and our family a bit further afield, Sea Holly is available to take care of a new owner.

Whilst I construct a more full inventory and advert, below are highlights focusing on those important things that you really want to have been taken care of on a potential new boat.

Highlights
  • Twin keel
  • On-mast furling mainsail
  • Beautiful brand new sails from Wilkinson Sails (Mainsail 2022/ 135% Genoa 2023)
  • Young standing rigging (2020)
  • Smart new cabin decals and stripes (2023)
  • Beta 20hp engine (installed 2011, regularly serviced with many recent improvements made)
  • Both fuel and water tanks have replaced the originals, both very clean
  • New dripless shaft seal and cutlass bearings installed (2022)
  • All seacocks replaced (2021)
  • Reconditioned hull and rudder (2021)
  • Reconditioned, epoxied, and re-sealed keels (2021)
  • Re-glazed cabin windows (2020) and hatches (2023)
  • Spray hood serviced with new Perspex windows (2023)
  • Upgraded 12v battery wiring (2023)
  • LED lighting throughout (both navigation and interior)
  • Liferaft cradle mounted on pushpit (4-person life raft - New 2021 - by negotiation)
  • New jabsco toilet pump installed (2023)
  • New fridge compressor kit installed (2023)
  • Excellent Spinflo Nelson cooker (2 x hob / grill / thermostatically-controlled oven) with flame failure protection
  • Gas safety check and certificate (2023)
  • Excellent condition upholstery
  • Dusty dry bilges
IMG_5537.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Matthew. If I was in the market for a new boat I would snap this up tomorrow. Its all been done and represents a total bargain. I expect she wont hang about. I had a 28 before my 31 and many times regretted selling her. Estrela now at MYC being bombarded by seagulls who hold parties on her from what I can see.
Good luck with the sale.
Keith

Back