• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Moody Grenadier 134 Moody Grenadier 134 1981 (Maron, Lying Milford Haven Pembrokshire).

David Griffiths

David Griffiths
Boat name
MARON
Berth
Milford Haven
Boat type
Moody Grenadier 134
Cruising area
South West
I am reluctantly thinking that it is time to sell on my Grenadier134. I have owned it for fifteen years and have spent most of that time lovingly restoring it to its former glory. Also I have had the pleasure of sailing it extensively around the British coast including Ireland and Scotland.

I have just completed an insurance out of water inspection which was conducted by Ben Sutcliffe surveyor. This is now complete and the boat is back in the water having had extensive repairs that have taken over a year to complete i.e heads bronze skin fittings and replacement of internal hoses in both heads. Boat yards are not known for being fast. All equipment is working, the Perkins engine is the original and works well and I have replaced the exhaust hose 2022 which also has a temperature sensor on the exhaust. The gear box(new 2019) / Stern gland /shaft are all new and the propeller has been refurbished plus there is a new rope cutter 2022.

The hull has no osmosis and is copper coated. The rudder was remover last year and split and rebuilt due to water ingress. This is now solid.
There is a bow thruster which is invaluable. There is also a Webasto oil heater which has been serviced and a new exhaust fitted. This works really well.

The rigging was completely replaced 2009 and there is a roller system for the Genoa, Main and Mizzen. Plus there is a stay sail and a storm jib. I also have a cursing chute and a lightweight genoa. There is also a spinnaker pole. Also there is a dingy with a solid floor and a Suzuki 5hp outboard new 2021 which hangs on Davits.

If you want pictures of this boat, just Google Moody Grenadier 134, and the site will show this boat, as De Valk brokers in Holland have not removed the post when I purchased it from them. See below:

I have installed a Super-wind wind turbine which powers two battery packs (new 2022 1. Heavy duty 200 Amps 2. normal 180 Amp). I have also purchased two solar panels, yet to be installed on the coach roof? All systems are 24v. I do have droppers to 12v for ancillary equipment. There is an Icom radio plus a portable.

There is a 2000kw Suzuki Generator 220v which has a heat sensor on the exhaust. Works beautifully. In the galley I have installed a new Plastimo three burner/ grill and oven 2020. Plus there is a fridge and freezer and also double sinks with a mixer tap.

There is a Dog house which was added before I purchased the boat which gives wonderful protection from the elements. I rarely put on my wet gear and I do sail in some heavy seas especially off Pembrokshire and the Irish sea.

This is only a resume of my boat but as you can deduce she is up and running and ready to sail for new horizons.

Regards,

David Griffiths

To contact me email griffithsdcg@talktalk.net or telephone +44 01458 898941 mobile 07443046699

MOODY GREDANIER 134 sailing yacht for sale
https://www.devalk.nl › yachtbrokerage › MOODY-GR...

moody grenadier 134 from www.devalk.nl

Last edited:
Back