• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

For Sale Furling Cruising Chute

Keith Hobbs

Boat name
APRIL LADY OF EMSWORTH
Berth
Southsea Marina
Boat type
Moody 36 CC
Cruising area
South Coast
North Sail Code? Large Furling Cruising Chute Blue & Yellow in excellent condition Made for a Moody 34/346, cost New £2K, yours for £500 or any near offer.

It's probably too big for our E33, but do you have any dimensions?

The Luff is the important dimension which is 13.55M quick release at bottom of drum to top of swivel , I think it is too long for you boat.

Hi Keith, does it include the furling gear?

Do you know what size (square meters/feet) the sail is?

Many thanks,
Tom

Have not got the Sq Footage but its a large sail with a Luff of 13.55M. Its larger than my No.1 genoa. It has all the furling gear, drum with furling cords, top swivel, Sheets & launch/carry bag. I could sail it from 60 Deg apparent wind. I have just sold my Moody 346 due to health concerns so selling this and my WinchRit.

I have no photos of it up but can send you lots with it down. Send me your email so I can do this.
The bag Attaches around the bottom of the mast with vel straps and you haul it up out of the bag you lower it the same way.
You can sail to wind with it furled under jib.
I live in Emsworth but could jet a price for shipping.

Thank you, email is tombean9876@hotmail.com

How do you connect the tack? Actually, hold that thought, the photos will probably save a lot of questions!

That would be great regarding postage. We are currently cruising, in Ardglass at the moment, trying to get to Plymouth - but unfortunately we aren't going to come close to you.

Looking forward to the photos.

Many thanks,
Tom

The Luff is the important dimension which is 13.55M quick release at bottom of drum to top of swivel , I think it is too long for you boat.
Thanks, I think you are right - from the data in the technical library, I make the forestay length 13.3m, so depending on the length of the swivel and drum, I'd need quite a long prodder to make it work...

Morning Keith
I would like to buy it. Will pm you with details. Currently on rote to st Malo.
Regards

Hi Keith
Now in port and have measured up. Pulpit fitting would prevent sail deploying properly so will have to call off. Apologies for any inconvenience.

North Sail Code? Large Furling Cruising Chute Blue & Yellow in excellent condition Made for a Moody 34/346, cost New £2K, yours for £500 or any near offer.
Hi Keith, I would like to join the list, likewise with Ainslie, very keen to get one for my M34. Contact me Keith if others before me drop out.

Back