Non Boat Specific Looking for a Med based 422, 425, 42 or 44 EU VAT

Wannes Engelen

Registered Guest
Hello all, Thank you for allowing me to post.

I'm a Belgian living in the Italian Dolomites (close to the Adriatic) with my Italian girlfriend and son. I've sailed a bit while I was young (including a UK circumnavigation when I was 15 with my godfather on his 40ft ketch), but stopped sailing in the 90s. I had to stop my current life style (deep technical diving) due to a nasty motorbike accident (I can no longer do long decompression dives). So I'm looking into starting sailing again in the Adriatic and maybe after a couple of years further a field.

So I've been looking at the ideal compromise between a blue water yacht (stoutly build, heavier displacement, skeg or partial skeg rudder) but with some marina/Med comforts. Via via in my sailing club I was pointed to Moody as a good compromise. So that's why I am here.

I am looking for a preferably Med based Moody 422-425 or 42-44, EU VAT paid. I don't have an unlimited budget (who does?!) and looking to spend max 100k€ because there is always things to add (to make blue water ready) and stuff to repair/maintain. If any of the owners of this association knows a yacht or owns a yacht that matches this description please let me know.

I've seen a 42 on boat24 (I'll post the link below, admin I'm not sure if it's allowed to post links, if not please remove).

Moody 42 CC in La Spezia

There are a couple of worries on this model though on initial investigation (without checking it yet in the flesh):
- It has a volvo penta, but the engine hours are unknown, exhaust elbow never replaced, etc. So a bit worried about that (as a beginner).
- It has been on the hard already for a year, which obviously is not very good for a yacht.

Still it ticks quite a lot of boxes. Specially the fact that the standing rigging has been replaced recently and the sails are quite new.

Anyway cheers and maybe one day I'll be part of this association as an owner.

If you are looking for a Med. based boat have you seen this ad for an M44 in Sardinia ?
And an M422 in Greece.

I'm a Belgian living in the Italian Dolomites (close to the Adriatic) with my Italian girlfriend and son. I've sailed a bit while I was young (including a UK circumnavigation when I was 15 with my godfather on his 40ft ketch), but stopped sailing in the 90s. I had to stop my current life style (deep technical diving) due to a nasty motorbike accident (I can no longer do long decompression dives). So I'm looking into starting sailing again in the Adriatic and maybe after a couple of years further a field.

So I've been looking at the ideal compromise between a blue water yacht (stoutly build, heavier displacement, skeg or partial skeg rudder) but with some marina/Med comforts. Via via in my sailing club I was pointed to Moody as a good compromise. So that's why I am here.

I am looking for a preferably Med based Moody 422-425 or 42-44, EU VAT paid. I don't have an unlimited budget (who does?!) and looking to spend max 100k€ because there is always things to add (to make blue water ready) and stuff to repair/maintain. If any of the owners of this association knows a yacht or owns a yacht that matches this description please let me know.

I've seen a 42 on boat24 (I'll post the link below, admin I'm not sure if it's allowed to post links, if not please remove).

Moody 42 CC in La Spezia

There are a couple of worries on this model though on initial investigation (without checking it yet in the flesh):
- It has a volvo penta, but the engine hours are unknown, exhaust elbow never replaced, etc. So a bit worried about that (as a beginner).
- It has been on the hard already for a year, which obviously is not very good for a yacht.

Still it ticks quite a lot of boxes. Specially the fact that the standing rigging has been replaced recently and the sails are quite new.

Moody 42 CC in La Spezia

Hi Wannes,

My wife and I are in Gouvia Marina, Corfu and we are in the process of putting our 1989 Moody 425 up for sale. She will be placed with Pinnacle Yacht Sales.

I have left a message with Colin Craig, the broker, to contact me regarding completing the paperwork to formalise the sale. Hopefully, this will be achieved in the next week or so.

In the meantime, if you are interested and want to know more, please contact me on brianhawkesworth@icloud.com or call on 00447939265834.

Regards,

Brian Hawkesworth
S/Y First Degree.

Heya Jeff, thanks for your answer. Well the 44 is slightly out of my budget range but you are right. No harm in investigating. The 422 I've seen before but since it's been on the market for a while and someone showed active interest I assumed (I know the mother of all...) that she would have already been sold. I'll ask them as well.

Cheers!

Hi Wannes,

My wife and I are in Gouvia Marina, Corfu and we are in the process of putting our 1989 Moody 425 up for sale. She will be placed with Pinnacle Yacht Sales.

I have left a message with Colin Craig, the broker, to contact me regarding completing the paperwork to formalise the sale. Hopefully, this will be achieved in the next week or so.

In the meantime, if you are interested and want to know more, please contact me on brianhawkesworth@icloud.com or call on 00447939265834.

Regards,

Brian Hawkesworth
S/Y First Degree.
Nice to "meet" you Brian. Do you have some more details (pics, run down of the yacht, equipment list etc, and obviously price)? I'll get in touch via mail. Thanks!

Wannes

And an M422 in Greece.
Does anybody know how to reach out to John and Elsa? I can't post in their topic and there is no listing of an email address?

Back