• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Wanted Moody 376 Wanted Update

Mike Francis

Temporary Member
I placed an ad on here a couple of weeks ago for a shallow keel 376, 346 etc.

I formerly owned (from new) a 1987 model (see picture below), and sold her in 1989, so this would be my second one.

As luck would have it, I found a cutter rigged example over here in the US that's been in fresh water ever since it was deck-cargoed over the pond brand new, in 1987.

IMG_0681.jpeg

Somewhat unbelievably, it's in better condition now than mine was when I sold my first M376 back in 1989. It just goes to show you what salt does to boats.

Its going to be an adventure bringing her back to Florida through the Great Lakes, entering the river system in Chicago (where the mast will be unstepped and transported by road), and then motoring south for about a month through most of the Mississippi River, then the Tennessee River, and then finally into the Gulf of Mexico at Mobile, AL - but that's the pure passion part of owning a M376.

I suppose I should really rename her
"Full Circle" LOL

Thankyou everyone!

Mike Francis
Naples, FL

Back