• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

For Sale Moody S31 - used Mainsail & Genoa : FREE - Uplift only : Donation to RNLI please.

Ronnie Miles

Ronnie Miles
Boat name
TRILLIAN
Berth
Dunstaffnage
Boat type
Moody S31
Cruising area
West Coast Scotland
Used Mainsail & Genoa available for free , will fit a Moody S31. Sails age unknown , makers are Hood, regularly washed & inspected by Owen Sails. Uplift only from Airdrie Scotland ML6 0QH. Mainsail comes with battens, genoa has padded luff, old but decent sails with life in them.

Small donation to RNLI please.

Hello Ronnie
I'm down here on the South Coast (near Portsmouth) with my S31 Jessica (Fractional rig version with adjustable backstay)...if you think the sails might be compatable I would be grateful to have a shot at them. Below address for us to ponder transport.
Thought gratefully received.
Thank you.

Flint Elgie
19 Alvara Road
Alverstoke
Gosport
Hants
PO12 2HY
Mobile: 07813312653

p.s. I only get online at beggining and end of day so apologies if you get delay in comms...phone is quicker with me

Hello Ronnie
I'm down here on the South Coast (near Portsmouth) with my S31 Jessica (Fractional rig version with adjustable backstay)...if you think the sails might be compatable I would be grateful to have a shot at them. Below address for us to ponder transport.
Thought gratefully received.
Thank you.

Flint Elgie
19 Alvara Road
Alverstoke
Gosport
Hants
PO12 2HY
Mobile: 07813312653

p.s. I only get online at beggining and end of day so apologies if you get delay in comms...phone is quicker with me
Flint............ should have said Trillian my S31 a masthead rig, I will weigh the sails later this evening & confirm the weight to you, if interested down to you to figure out the transport etc, all best . Both sails weigh approx. 15kg each.

Last edited:
Hello Ronnie
Apologies I did not see that you had tacked the weight upon the end of your above entry.
I have looked at transport and so far it looks like this:
DHL will get involved with the two sails but they should be packed separately and I'd get you a link for each one as a separate item.
The battens I have not solved yet (due to length) but if you still have all this gear and are still willing I will look into this next.
Hope this makes sense.
Also available upon phone (as above) if you do not hear from me as sometimes the MOA site does not let me know of new addition to thread.
Thank you for all your time and patience with this.
Best.
flint

Back