• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

For Sale stern gland from moody 376 free of charge

Andy Robinson

Boat name
OCEAN DANCER
Berth
Felixstowe Ferry
Boat type
Moody 376
Cruising area
East Coast
I have just swapped the stern gland from my 376 to a volvo type seal.
I have the old one and wondered if it would be of any use to anyone before I dispose of it
inch and a quarter shaft.
Collection from Felixstowe.

Attachments

• old stern gland.jpg
    old stern gland.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 49
Andy what were specs of new seal thinking of swapping mine

I used trhis one
I also had to have a reducer made to take the size of the stern tube down from 60 mm to 48 mm
Andy Pidduck gave me a drawing for the reducer which I took to a local engineering works who charged me about £180 for it made from delron. The boat has only been in the water a couple of weeks but I am pleased with having a dry bilge for a change.
I also changed the engine mounts and cutless bearing in the P bracket.
The only thing I haven't done is change the cutless bearing in the stern tube which I will investigate next summer.

Thanks it was the connection to stern tube I was trying to work out do you have copy of drawing still?

There are tabs on the stern tube that I had to caefully cut off with a hacksaw blade trying to make sure I kept everything parallel. It was firbreglss so came off quite easily. I then carefully sanded it flat.
I had to cut away part of the bulkhead to get the breather tube up above the water line.

Thanks it was the connection to stern tube I was trying to work out do you have copy of drawing still?
This is the drawing I supplied. If you decide to use it, please do it at your own risk. Whilst it has worked well for me for 12 years, it might not be the same arrangement in Rambler!

Cheers,

Andy

Attachments

• volvo seal adaptorRev1.pdf
    47.2 KB · Views: 26
Andy , I'm a bit late seeing this but would be delighted to make use of it, identical set up on my 38 and diameter and was planning on dismantling/repacking this winter so could be really useful, but if its already gone then my own fault for not looking on the forum for over a week !

Hello Tim
I still have it and some of the packing if you are able to collect.
My post code is IP11 9SP
Andy

Hello Tim
I still have it and some of the packing if you are able to collect.
My post code is IP11 9SP
Andy
Thanks Andy, that's fabulous thank you :) I could arrange a courier (fedex) to collect if you can box it up ? I'll send you a personal message, Tim

This is the drawing I supplied. If you decide to use it, please do it at your own risk. Whilst it has worked well for me for 12 years, it might not be the same arrangement in Rambler!

Cheers,

Andy
Thanks Andy will file for if I decide to do the work

Back