• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Moody 333 Wanted Moody 333

Looking for a Moody 333, ideally in U.K., France or Spain. Anybody know of any that might be for sale?

Will@willhopkins.co.uk
Hi Will. have a Moody 333 - which isn't really for sale this year.....! However, I might consider selling her at the end of the season. Give me a call some time. The boat is in Poole. 07881 503770

Hi Will,

I have a Moody 333, based in Kilada, Greece, which I listed on the Indigo Yachting site last Friday the 13th!

She's 1982 built, HIN 452, but was launched at Genoa in 1985 ( I think she was the show boat). The original owners sold her to me in 2000 and my wife and I have cruised extensively in the Med ever since.

EU VAT was paid at purchase, and I have all the original receipts and paperwork. The boat is now British registered, SSR 89269, so transfer of ownership would be very easy.

The boat is in a good state overall: internally the woodwork and fittings are unadulterated, with the exceptions that I have added cupboard doors to the stowage above the sink, and I have cut an access door into the Nav Table support to facilitate installation/removal of two 190AH batteries located below the table. The upholstery has had fitted covers since new. The hanging lockers still have the original leathercloth covers, which are all in good state.

Externally Praslin is fitted for extended Med cruising, having a Lofrens electric windlass operated by hand controllers either from a bow plug or a cockpit position; there is also a radio controller. The anchor is a large, new Delta with a self-stowing swivel, connected to 70Mts of 8mm, recently re-galvanized chain. A Danforth Kedge is mounted on the transom. There are 3 shower units, one in the forward well; one in the toilet ( which has a S/S shower tray, topped with a teak grating and serviced by an electric pump); the third on the transom, by the swimming platform. I have added a large Bimini and goal-post mounted solar panels. I have installed a large holding tank directly behind the toilet in what was originally, a wet locker.

The Genoa was replaced in 2020 and the standing rigging replaced in 2022. A new stack-pack was fitted about four years ago. The fully battened mainsail is by Bianchi and is in very good condition. There are storm sails and a small spinnaker as well as a sea anchor, life jackets, harnesses and deck safety lines. The mast has steps.

The engine is the original Thornycroft 90, 35 hp; it's had regular, ongoing maintenance and runs well: the Hurth gearbox was overhauled about six years ago, and the Volvo stern gland was replaced with a similar one at the same time. The anchor winch was also overhauled at about that time and the fuel tank replaced.

The boat comes with crockery; cutlery; kitchen utensils; bedding and an extensive complement of tools as well as engine, plumbing, rigging spares etc.

There is a relatively new 2/3 man inflatable dinghy with an old Yamaha 2 1/2 hp outboard, which runs well.

Kilada, where the boat is kept, is on the Argolic Gulf, which is a pleasant cruising area in itself, but it is well positioned to access the Agean islands. At present, unlike the Ionion, the area is relatively uncrowded. It can be reached by car, bus, or fast ferry from Pireaus. Basimakopoulos Boatyard, where Praslin is kept, is an excellent yard; it is clean, very well ordered, and all of the staff are really friendly and helpful. The village, a thriving fishing port, is unknown to tourists, although there are several good restaurants.

Unfortunately, I have been diagnosed with a couple of terminal health conditions, and I recently suffered a slight heart attack, so, I'm very much afraid, that Praslin must now be sold.

I am asking 25,000 EU, which I think is a reasonable price.

For more information and photographs, I suggest you check the Indigo Yachting website

I live in Brightlingsea, and I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

My contact details are as follows:-
"bruce_gourlay@live.co.uk" / 01 206 307 333 // 075 22 97 50 55

Good morning Will.
My friends on here have a Moody 333 for sale. This is the advert details -

Moody 333 Very well equipped for extensive cruising. Radar, Holding tank and electric winch handle. Liferaft (requires servicing).
2017 - New Saunders Main Sail and Stack Pack. Spray hood and Cockpit tent
2015 - New Instruments including Auto Helm, Chart Plotter, VHF and Aerial.
2014 - New Genoa, Forestay and Roller Reefing
Located ashore Christchurch, Dorset
Surveyed in September 2022 with no major issues, minor items being addressed. Available to interested buyer.
£25,000 Serious offers considered.
For more info please contact Ian & Liz 01425 277589 or Norman 07825 794561

Back