Moody 28 Moody 28 Sail Sizes

Nigel Jeremy Humphreys

Registered Guest
Hi I am looking to buy a Moody 28 and would be grateful if someone could tell me the I, J, P, and E sizes for this boat, I have looked everywhere, the MOA has most boats measurements but for some reason not the 28.
Many Thanks
Nigel

Nigel, there are some details at the end of this manual. However, if using them to purchase new sails, please treat with caution.

Peter

Attachments

• M28 Owners Manual (Original).pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 67
Hi Nigel

The drawing in the manual Pete has linked to provides the I,J,P & E dimensions and I see no reason to disbelieve them but in my experience, British sailmakers know these dimensions for any British (and most foreign) production yacht. If buying sails, I am reluctant to use a sailmaker who will not visig the boat to measure up in person before cutting cloth. The IJPE dimensions are sufficient for them to quote for a sail.

Peter.

Hi Nigel

The drawing in the manual Pete has linked to provides the I,J,P & E dimensions and I see no reason to disbelieve them but in my experience, British sailmakers know these dimensions for any British (and most foreign) production yacht. If buying sails, I am reluctant to use a sailmaker who will not visig the boat to measure up in person before cutting cloth. The IJPE dimensions are sufficient for them to quote for a sail.

Peter.
Hi Peter Thanks very much for the information, much appreciated.
All the Best for Christmas and the New Year
Nigel

Back