• Have you included your external contact details on this post? Please include your email address and or phone number on your post otherwise non MOA members will not be able to reply to you

Wanted Seeking Moody 46, 47, 49 or 54

Stephan Vitus

Temporary Member
Dear All,

I am since a while looking to purchase a 2000 or younger Moody 46, 47, 49 or 54 preferably with a white hull. Looking for a good boat and not a project. I am familiar with the design and construction and know what to look out for. I would be keen to hear from you should you consider selling your boat and be assured she would be in very caring hands. (I trained as a boat builder many moons ago..)

Thank you and looking forward to chatting also about experiences with the boat and particular features I should look for.

Many thanks & safe sailing!
Stephan Vitus
+31622545603
smvitus@outlook.com

Last edited:
Dear All,

I am since a while looking to purchase a 2000 or younger Moody 49 preferably with a white hull and no teak (but not essential) for extended travels. Hence I am looking for a good boat and not a project. I am familiar with the design and construction and know what to look out for. I would be keen to hear from you should you consider selling your boat and be assured she would be in very caring hands. (I am a boat builder by trade)

Thank you and looking forward to chatting also about experiences with the boat and particular features I should look for.

Many thanks & safe sailing!
Stephan Vitus
+31622545603
smvitus@outlook.com
Hi Stephan, just now saw your request. I am an owner of a Moody 49. With teak deck and blue hull and not yet have intentions to sell it. Anyway you can ask me questions about the boat if you like. We are in the Canaries now and intend to live aboard fir long time. We will see if and when we head for the Caribe. We have done a lot of technical adaptations. The most recent one was the electricity system. Changed the wet cell batteries and equipment into all Victron branded lithium system. We placed an arch with solar panels, replaced the water cooled fridge and freeze compressor by two air cooled ones, which are now situated above the floor instead of below the floor under the stairs. And a lot of smaller adaptations. So, let me know if you like. Best is to mail me. Coast.bolero@gmail.com. I'm not a frequent visitor of the MOA website. Best, Frank

Back